Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Sigowet Campus is the best government sponsored medical colleges for students who wish to pursue courses in medical and nursing field in Kericho County. The college is located in Soin/Sigowet constituency, 35 km west of Kericho town and 30 km north-west of Kapkatet town. The Campus admitted its first class of Certificate in Orthopedics Plaster Technology in March 2019.
KMTC Sigowet Campus Admission Date: Admission to the college is done twice a year, in March and September.
In this article you will find more information about this medical college including how to get to the college, college intake, how to apply, contacts, courses offered at the college as well as the fee charged at KMTC Sigowet Campus and how to make fee payment.
Courses Offered At KMTC Sigowet Campus
- Certificate in Orthopedics Plaster Technology
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Diploma in Orthopedic and Trauma medicine
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Higher national diploma in critical care, Oncology and Nephrology.
- Tuition Block
- Well-equipped Skills Lab
- Well-equipped Computer Lab
Clinical experience sites
The students get their clinical experience at Sigowet Sub-County Hospital, Kericho County Referral Hospital, Londiani Sub-County Hospital, Kipkelion Sub-County Hospital, Roret Sub-County Hospital, Fort Ternan Sub-County, Sosiot Sub- County and Kapkatet Sub-County Hospital.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
There are active clubs in the Campus that include:
- Christian Union,
- Young Christian Association,
- Seventh Day Adventist,
- Muslim Association
KMTC Sigowet Campus Fees
According to the latest fee structure, regular students at KMTC Sigowet Campus pay college fee of between Ksh. 78,000 to Ksh, 80,000 per year and Self Sponsored students pay between Ksh.118,000 to Ksh. 120,700 per year. The course duration will determine the cumulative amount you will pay as fees.
Students seeking to get admission to this KMTC are required to pay additional fees like Ksh.2000 for registration, Ksh 1000 activity fee, Ksh. 5,000 examination fee, Ksh. 2000 Library and ICT services fee among others. Additional fee is also charged for accommodation on boarding students.
How To apply to Join KMTC Sigowet Campus
Each year, Kenya Medical Training College admits students for various Diploma and certificate courses. To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer during the application process.
Note To Applicants and Students:
• Tuition fee cover all training materials. Venue is KMTC campus offering the course.
• Tailor-made in-house courses also provided; logistics arrangements as agreed with sponsor.
• To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer.
• Remedial studies and tuition for re-sit for courses lasting upto six months shall attract fees/charges of 50% of the program fees
KMTC Sigowet Branch bank account and how to pay college fee
All KMTC branches use similar accounts for fee payment. To pay college fee at KMTC Sigowet Campus, use the account details below;
Bank: National Bank
Account Name: KMTC Central Collection Account
Branch Name: Hospital Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 01003086514000
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Account Name: KMTC Holding Account
Branch Name: Moi Avenue Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 1158030274
KMTC Sigowet Campus History
KMTC Sigowet Campus was started in the year 2014, when the KMTC Board of Directors supported the initiative of the then area Member of Parliament. The community purchased 5.2 acres of land and in 2016, construction of two classrooms and an ablution block, funded by the Soin/Sigowet Constituency Fund was started.
In March 2018, KMTC posted a Principal to the Campus in preparation to admit students and also work closely with the CDF project committee. In the same year, the Campus embarked on landscaping and fencing of its premises. The Campus admitted its first class of Certificate in Orthopedics Plaster Technology in March 2019.
Sigowet KMTC Campus Contacts
Physical Location: Kapkatet, Kericho
Postal Address: P.O BOX 46-20200 Sosiot, Kericho.
Official Telephone Number: 0716268536
- KMTC Teso Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Thika Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Transmara Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Ugenya Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Vihiga Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment