Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Kapenguria Campus is the best government sponsored medical training colleges for any students who wish to pursue courses in medical and nursing field in West Pokot County. The college is located near West Pokot County Headquarters adjacent to Kapenguria County Referral Hospital on a 12 acre-piece of land donated by the Hospital through the County Government.
KMTC Kapenguria Campus was started in early 1980’s and buildings put in place with the aim of empowering the county, then district, with health care personnel.
In this article you will find more information about KMTC Kapenguria Campus college including how to get to the college, college intake, how to apply, contacts, courses offered at the college as well as the fee charged by the college and how to make fee payment.
Courses Offered At KMTC Kapenguria Campus
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma upgrading in Health Records and Information
- Certificate in Health Records and Information
- Lecture Halls
- Well-stocked library
- Well-equipped computer lab
- Well-quipped skills laboratory
- College bus
- Hostel block
- Dining hall
- Sanitation facilities
- Reliable supply of water and electricity
- Fenced compound
The current student population is more than 400 with the number expected to increase over years.
Clinical Experience Sites
The following are clinical sites for our students:
- Kapsabet County Referral Hospital
- Nandi Hills County Hospital
- Kaptumo Sub County Hospital
- Kabiyet Sub County Hospital
- Meteitei Sub County Hospital
- Chepterwai Sub County Hospital
- Kapkangani Sub County Hospital
Clubs, Societies and Sports
- Christian Union
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Young Muslim Students
- Young Christian Society (YCS)
- Various outdoor and indoor games
KMTC Kapenguria Campus Fees and Joining Requirements
According to the latest fee structure, regular students at KMTC Kapenguria Campus pay college fee of between Ksh. 78,000 to Ksh, 80,000 per year and Self Sponsored students pay between Ksh.118,000 to Ksh. 120,700 per year.
The course duration will determine the cumulative amount you will pay as fees. Students seeking to get admission to this KMTC are required to pay additional fees like Ksh.2000 for registration, Ksh 1000 activity fee, Ksh. 5,000 examination fee, Ksh. 2000 Library and ICT services fee among others. Additional fee is also charged for accommodation on boarding students.
How To Apply to Join KMTC Kapenguria Campus
Each year, Kenya Medical Training College admits students for various Diploma and certificate courses. To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer during the application process.
Note To Applicants and Students:
• Tuition fee cover all training materials. Venue is KMTC campus offering the course.
• Tailor-made in-house courses also provided; logistics arrangements as agreed with sponsor.
• To apply, go to the official https://kmtc.ac.ke online portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer.
• Remedial studies and tuition for re-sit for courses lasting upto six months shall attract fees/charges of 50% of the program fees
KMTC Kapenguria Campus bank account and how to pay college fee
All KMTC branches use similar accounts for fee payment. To pay college fee at KMTC Kapenguria Campus Campus, use the account details below; Bank: National Bank Account Name: KMTC Central Collection Account Branch Name: Hospital Branch, Nairobi Account Number: 01003086514000 OR Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank Account Name: KMTC Holding Account Branch Name: Moi Avenue Branch, Nairobi Account Number: 1158030274
KMTC Kapenguria Campus History
KMTC Kapenguria Campus admitted the first Kenya Enrolled Community Health Nurses students in September 2014. The Campus was officially opened by President Uhuru Kenyatta on 16th April, 2015. It was the first KMTC campus in Kenya to be built and equipped by a County Government.
Kapenguria KMTC Campus Contacts
Physical Location: Kapenguria
Postal Address: P.O BOX 576 – 30600, KAPENGURIA
Official Telephone Number: 0207855985
- KMTC Karen Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Kaptumo Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Karuri Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Kilifi Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Kisii Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment