Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Kisii Campus is the best government sponsored medical training colleges for any students who wish to pursue courses in medical and nursing field in Kisii County. The college is situated along Kisii Hospital Road and is adjacent to the Kisii County Teaching and Referral Hospital within Kisii Central Business District in Kisii County.
In this article you will find more information about KMTC Kisii Campus college including how to get to the college, college intake, how to apply, contacts, courses offered at the college as well as the fee charged by the college and how to make fee payment.
Courses Offered At KMTC Kisii Campus
- Certificate Course in Medical Engineering
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Orthopaedic and Trauma Medicine
- Higher Diploma in Anaesthesia for Clinical Officers and Nurses
Plans are underway to start Diplomas in Medical Engineering, Medical Imaging Sciences and Higher Diplomas in Critical Care Nursing and Reproductive Health for Clinical Officers.
The Campus has the following:
- Spacious skills lab
- Orthopaedic workshop
- Modern medical engineering workshops
- Medical laboratory for skills training
- Spacious adequate classrooms
- Student hostels
- Dining hall
The current student population stands at 961, with more expected to join the Campus in coming years.
Clinical Experience Sites
Our students have their skills further developed in various practical areas, majorly the Kisii County Referral and Teaching Hospital. Other county and sub county hospitals within the country also serve this purpose, same as rural demonstration health centres identified.
Clubs, societies and sports
The Campus participates in basketball, volleyball, handball, netball, football, athletics, rugby, darts, long-tennis, scrabble, chess, table-tennis, badminton and draughts at the zonal, regional and national KMTC sports competitions.
KMTC Kisii Campus Fees and Joining Requirements
According to the latest fee structure, regular students at KMTC Kisii Campus pay college fee of between Ksh. 78,000 to Ksh, 80,000 per year and Self Sponsored students pay between Ksh.118,000 to Ksh. 120,700 per year.
The course duration will determine the cumulative amount you will pay as fees. Students seeking to get admission to this KMTC are required to pay additional fees like Ksh.2000 for registration, Ksh 1000 activity fee, Ksh. 5,000 examination fee, Ksh. 2000 Library and ICT services fee among others. Additional fee is also charged for accommodation on boarding students.
How To Apply to Join KMTC Kisii Campus
Each year, Kenya Medical Training College admits students for various Diploma and certificate courses. To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer during the application process.
Note To Applicants and Students:
• Tuition fee cover all training materials. Venue is KMTC campus offering the course.
• Tailor-made in-house courses also provided; logistics arrangements as agreed with sponsor.
• To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer.
• Remedial studies and tuition for re-sit for courses lasting upto six months shall attract fees/charges of 50% of the program fees
KMTC Kisii Campus bank account and how to pay college fee
All KMTC branches use similar accounts for fee payment. To pay college fee at KMTC Kisii Campus Campus, use the account details below; Bank: National Bank Account Name: KMTC Central Collection Account Branch Name: Hospital Branch, Nairobi Account Number: 01003086514000 OR Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank Account Name: KMTC Holding Account Branch Name: Moi Avenue Branch, Nairobi Account Number: 1158030274
KMTC Kisii Campus History
Kisii Campus was started in 1958 under the colonial government to train dressers or nurse aides. In 1972 after independence, the Campus commenced the structured training of Enrolled Nurses (EN), and later in 1980 it started a certificate course for Enrolled Community Health Nurses (ECHN). In 1999, the Campus upgraded to offer Diploma in Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN) with two intakes in March and September of each year.
In 2000, the Campus started offering Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery, and in September 2007, Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences was introduced. The training facilities have been developed by the Government of Kenya and equipment worth millions of shillings acquired to support quality training for students.
Kisii KMTC Campus Contacts
Physical Location: Kisii
Postal Address: P.O BOX 1165-40200, KISII
Official Telephone Number: 0797129320
- KMTC Kisumu Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Kitale Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Kitui Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Kombewa Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Kuria Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment