Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Chwele Campus is one of the best government sponsored medical training colleges for any students who wish to pursue courses in medical and nursing field in Bungoma County. The college is located at Chwele, Kabuchai Constituency, Bungoma County, off Bungoma/ Kimilili junction South of Sichei Mixed Boys and Girls Secondary School.
The Campus officially opened its doors for admission of its pioneer class offering Certificate in Health Records and Information on 23rd September, 2014 with 101 students.
In this article you will find more information about KMTC Chwele Campus college including how to get to the college, college intake, how to apply, contacts, courses offered at the college as well as the fee charged by the college and how to make fee payment.
Courses Offered At KMTC Chwele Campus
- Certificate in Health Records and Information
- Up-grading Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Certificate/ Diploma in Nutrition and
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse
Currently KMTC Chwele has the following infrastructure;
- Lecture rooms
- Lecture hall
- Computer laboratory fully installed with internet connectivity
- A resource center (library) equipped with the latest reading materials
- Social hall
- Wi-fi connectivity throughout the Campus
- Modern hostels
Clinical Experience Sites
Practical placements are conducted at the various County teaching and referral hospitals throughout the country.
Clubs, societies and sports
The students engage in extra-curricular activities such as the following:
- Sports club
- Dance club
- Christian Union
- Young Catholic Students.
- Muslim Students Association
KMTC Chwele Campus Fees and Joining Requirements
According to the latest fee structure, regular students at KMTC Chwele Campus pay college fee of between Ksh. 78,000 to Ksh, 80,000 per year and Self Sponsored students pay between Ksh.118,000 to Ksh. 120,700 per year.
The course duration will determine the cumulative amount you will pay as fees. Students seeking to get admission to this KMTC are required to pay additional fees like Ksh.2000 for registration, Ksh 1000 activity fee, Ksh. 5,000 examination fee, Ksh. 2000 Library and ICT services fee among others. Additional fee is also charged for accommodation on boarding students.
How To Apply to Join KMTC Chwele Campus
Each year, Kenya Medical Training College admits students for various Diploma and certificate courses. To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer during the application process.
Note To Applicants and Students:
• Tuition fee cover all training materials. Venue is KMTC campus offering the course.
• Tailor-made in-house courses also provided; logistics arrangements as agreed with sponsor.
• To apply, go to the official https://kmtc.ac.ke online portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer.
• Remedial studies and tuition for re-sit for courses lasting upto six months shall attract fees/charges of 50% of the program fees
KMTC Chwele Campus bank account and how to pay college fee
All KMTC branches use similar accounts for fee payment. To pay college fee at KMTC Chwele Campus, use the account details below;
Bank: National Bank
Account Name: KMTC Central Collection Account
Branch Name: Hospital Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 01003086514000
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Account Name: KMTC Holding Account
Branch Name: Moi Avenue Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 1158030274
Payment to KMTC can also be done via Mpesa through the Mpesa Paybill number 964150.
KMTC Chwele Campus History
KMTC Chwele Campus officially opened its doors for admission of its pioneer class offering Certificate in Health Records and Information on 23rd September, 2014 with 101 students.
In September 2017, the Campus started an Up-grading Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology. This is a two-year program which allows students who have done the certificate course to upgrade to a diploma. Admissions take place twice a year, in March and September to meet competitive demand of health workers within the country and internationally. Currently there are 250 students.
The campus sits on a 29½ acre land which was procured by the Constituency Development Fund by the then area Member of Parliament Hon. Moses Wetangula and constructed with the support of the Iranian Government at a cost of Kshs. 90 million.
Embu KMTC Campus Contacts
Physical Location: Chwele
Postal Address: P.O Box 112 – 50202, CHWELE
Official Telephone Number: 0729528923
- KMTC Embu Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Garissa Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Gatundu Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Homabay Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Imenti Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment