Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Garissa Campus is the best government sponsored medical training colleges for any students who wish to pursue courses in medical and nursing field in Garissa County. The college is located in Garissa town, next to Garissa County Teaching and Referral Hospital. Garissa Campus was started in 1980.
In this article you will find more information about KMTC Garissa Campus college including how to get to the college, college intake, how to apply, contacts, courses offered at the college as well as the fee charged by the college and how to make fee payment.
Courses Offered At KMTC Garissa Campus
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
- Certificate in Kenya Enrolled Community Health Nursing (KECHN)
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing (KECHN) (Upgrading from Certificate to Diploma, through distance learning)
- Well stocked library
- Well-equipped skills lab
- Administration block
- Spacious classrooms
- Conference rooms
- Hostel block
Garissa Campus currently has a population of 710 students with the number expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical experience sites
Students visit the following clinical areas for their practicals within and outside the county.
- Garissa County Referral Hospital
- Iftin Sub-County Hospital
- Madina Health Centre
- Madogo Health Centre
- Meru Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Kangeto Health Centre
- Runi Health Centre
- Mbeu Health Centre
- Kanyakine Sub- District Hospital
- Githongo Level 4 Hospital
- Mikumbune Sub- District Hospital
- Muthuro Health Centre
- Kirua Mission Hospital
Clubs, societies and sports
The students engage in extra-curricular activities such as the following:
- Sports club
- Dance club
- Christian Union
- Young Catholic Students.
- Muslim Students Association
KMTC Garissa Campus Fees and Joining Requirements
According to the latest fee structure, regular students at KMTC Garissa Campus pay college fee of between Ksh. 78,000 to Ksh, 80,000 per year and Self Sponsored students pay between Ksh.118,000 to Ksh. 120,700 per year.
The course duration will determine the cumulative amount you will pay as fees. Students seeking to get admission to this KMTC are required to pay additional fees like Ksh.2000 for registration, Ksh 1000 activity fee, Ksh. 5,000 examination fee, Ksh. 2000 Library and ICT services fee among others. Additional fee is also charged for accommodation on boarding students.
How To Apply to Join KMTC Garissa Campus
Each year, Kenya Medical Training College admits students for various Diploma and certificate courses. To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer during the application process.
Note To Applicants and Students:
• Tuition fee cover all training materials. Venue is KMTC campus offering the course.
• Tailor-made in-house courses also provided; logistics arrangements as agreed with sponsor.
• To apply, go to the official https://kmtc.ac.ke online portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer.
• Remedial studies and tuition for re-sit for courses lasting upto six months shall attract fees/charges of 50% of the program fees
KMTC Garissa Campus bank account and how to pay college fee
All KMTC branches use similar accounts for fee payment. To pay college fee at KMTC Garissa Campus Campus, use the account details below;
Bank: National Bank
Account Name: KMTC Central Collection Account
Branch Name: Hospital Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 01003086514000
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Account Name: KMTC Holding Account
Branch Name: Moi Avenue Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 1158030274
Payment to KMTC can also be done via Mpesa through the Mpesa Paybill number 964150.
KMTC Garissa Campus History
Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Garissa Campus was started in 1980 and it is situated within Garissa town, in Garissa County. The Campus trains students from all over the country and beyond, and is instrumental in providing quality health care workers.
KMTC Garissa’s Upper Campus, which is next to Garissa County Teaching and Referral Hospital, hosts tuition and administration blocks. The Lower Campus, situated in the center of Garissa town near the GK prison, is mainly the students’ hostel.
Garissa KMTC Campus Contacts
Physical Location: Garissa
Postal Address: P.O BOX 167- 70100, GARISSA
Official Telephone Number: 0721-441226
- KMTC Gatundu Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Homabay Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Imenti Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Isiolo Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Iten Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment