A Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) At Dedan Kimathi University Of Technology is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on business and management principles. It is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of various aspects of business, including finance, accounting, marketing, management, entrepreneurship, and more.
The program equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in a wide range of business careers or pursue further education in business-related fields.
Qualifications to study Bachelor of Business Administration at Dedan Kimathi University
KCSE aggregate Grade of C+(plus) with a C (plain) in Mathematics and English or Kiswahili OR Be a holder of an equivalent qualification recognized by the DeKUT Senate.
Mode Of Study
Main Campus & Nairobi Campus
Full Time & Weekend
Here are some key aspects and subjects typically covered in a Bachelor of Business Administration program at At Dedan Kimathi University Of Technology:
Bachelor of Business Administration Key Study Areas
1. Core Business Subjects: BBA programs typically cover fundamental business disciplines such as accounting, finance, marketing, management, economics, business law, and business ethics. These subjects provide a solid foundation in the key principles and concepts of business.
2. Specializations and Concentrations: Many BBA programs offer specializations or concentrations that allow students to focus their studies on specific areas of business. Common specializations include finance, marketing, human resource management, entrepreneurship, international business, operations management, and information systems.
3. Accounting and Financial Management: Students learn about financial accounting principles, managerial accounting techniques, financial statement analysis, budgeting, and financial decision-making. They develop skills in interpreting and using financial information for business planning and analysis.
4. Marketing and Consumer Behavior: This subject area covers marketing principles, market research, advertising, branding, product development, and consumer behavior. Students learn how to develop effective marketing strategies, understand consumer needs, and create value for customers.
5. Management and Organizational Behavior: Students gain knowledge of management principles, leadership theories, organizational behavior, team dynamics, and strategic planning. They develop skills in managing people, resources, and processes within organizations.
6. Economics: Students study microeconomics and macroeconomics, exploring topics such as supply and demand, market structures, pricing strategies, economic policy, and global economic trends. This helps them understand the economic factors influencing business decisions.
7. Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Some BBA programs offer courses focused on entrepreneurship and innovation. Students learn about identifying business opportunities, creating business plans, managing startups, and fostering innovation within organizations.
8. Business Law and Ethics: This subject covers the legal and ethical framework of business operations, contract law, intellectual property, employment law, and ethical considerations in business decision-making. Students gain an understanding of legal rights and responsibilities and develop ethical decision-making skills.
9. Operations and Supply Chain Management: Students learn about operations management, supply chain management, process optimization, quality control, and logistics. They understand how to manage the production and delivery of goods and services efficiently.
10. Business Analytics: With the increasing importance of data-driven decision-making, some BBA programs include courses on business analytics. Students learn how to collect, analyze, and interpret data to gain insights and support business strategies.
Career opportunities for graduates of a Bachelor of Business Administration program are diverse and varied. Graduates can pursue careers in various industries and sectors, including banking, finance, consulting, marketing, human resources, operations, entrepreneurship, and more. Job roles may include business analyst, financial analyst, marketing manager, human resource manager, operations manager, project manager, or business consultant.
It’s important to note that specific course offerings and program structures may vary between institutions. If you’re interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration, I recommend researching the curriculum and admission requirements of the universities or colleges offering the program to get a comprehensive understanding of what they offer.
Dedan Kimathi University Application Process
Application forms can be obtained from Dedan Kimathi University of Technology Main Campus and Nairobi Campus or downloaded from the University website www.dkut.ac.ke. One can submit dully filled application forms or apply online from the university website https://www.dkut.ac.ke/index.php/academics/admission/apply-online, upon payment of a non-refundable application fee of Ksh.3, 000 for PhD, Ksh.1, 500 for Masters,Ksh.1, 000, for Undergraduate Degree, Ksh 500/- for Diploma and Certificate Programmes to any of the bank accounts on the application forms.
Registrar (Academic Affairs)
P.O. Box 657 – 10100 Nyeri
Tel: 061- 2050000
Registrar AA office: 0713 835 965 email@example.com
Nairobi Campus: 0710-127516 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing office: 0713-123021 email@example.com