Have you ever asked yourself this particular question, How much are CEO’s in Kenya paid? And who is the highest paid CEO’s in Kenya? Well we had done a background check before and the latest report circulating online reveals we were not far from the truth.
Top on the list is Co-operative bank of Kenya Managing Director Gideon Muriuki with Ksh 31.37 Million per month followed by the Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) CEO Mr. Joshua Oigara with Ksh 22.75 Million per month
CEO’s are among the highest paid individuals in Kenya, this is due to the nature of their work, their experience and the huge role on their shoulders to steer an organization in a particular direction.
The year 2021 has started on a high note and today we take you into bank accounts of the top 10 paid Chief Executive officers in Kenya.
While Muruiki sits at the top of the list, at the bottom of the list in the 10th position is Centum CEO James Mworia who takes home Ksh 3.75 million per month.
A while ago. Mworia received a bonus of Sh.325 Million in bonus.
Here is the full list of top 10 most paid CEO’s in Kenya.
[table “3” not found /]
A quick takeaway is that 9 of the top 10 most paid CEO’s in Kenya are all men. With more women taking up the CEO roles in organizations, we expect to see more women on the list as well in future.
Only Jane Karuku the EABL CEO made it to the list as a female CEO coming in at position 7
Also Read:Pay Cuts and salary delays hits civil servants
Duties and responsibilities of a CEO
CEO are tasked with;
- Communicating, on behalf of the company or organization, with shareholders, government entities, and the public
- Leading the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategy
- Creating and implementing the company or organization’s vision and mission
- Evaluating the work of other executive leaders within the company, including directors, vice presidents, and presidents
- Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Ensuring that the company or organization maintains high social responsibility wherever it does business
- Assessing risks to the company and ensuring they are monitored and minimized
- Setting strategic goals and making sure they are SMART