Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Manza Campus is another well known and great government sponsored medical training colleges for any students who wish to pursue courses in medical and nursing field in Machakos County. The college is located at Kenya Israel Shopping Centre, four kilometers from Machakos town along the Machakos – Nairobi road.
The Campus’ history dates back between 1955 and 1956, when the Rural Day Primary School for European children was established. In this article you will find more information about KMTC Manza Campus college including how to get to the college, college intake, how to apply, contacts, courses offered at the college as well as the fee charged by the college and how to make fee payment.
Courses Offered At KMTC Manza Campus
- Diploma in Environmental Health Services
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma Upgrading HRI to Diploma
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
- Community Health Development (6 months)
The facilities available include:
- Lecture rooms
- Pharmacy Laboratory
- Practical Placement sites
- Public hospitals
- Outsourced cafeteria
- Sporting pitches
Clubs, Societies and Sports
- Students Representative Council
- Christian Union
- Catholic Association
- SDA Student union
- Environmental awareness club
- Scouts/Girl guides
KMTC Manza Campus Fees and Joining Requirements
According to the latest fee structure, regular students at KMTC Manza Campus pay college fee of between Ksh. 78,000 to Ksh, 80,000 per year and Self Sponsored students pay between Ksh.118,000 to Ksh. 120,700 per year. The course duration will determine the cumulative amount you will pay as fees.
Students seeking to get admission to this KMTC are required to pay additional fees like Ksh.2000 for registration, Ksh 1000 activity fee, Ksh. 5,000 examination fee, Ksh. 2000 Library and ICT services fee among others. Additional fee is also charged for accommodation on boarding students.
How To Apply to Join KMTC Manza Campus
Each year, Kenya Medical Training College admits students for various Diploma and certificate courses. To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer during the application process.
Note To Applicants and Students:
• Tuition fee cover all training materials. Venue is KMTC campus offering the course.
• Tailor-made in-house courses also provided; logistics arrangements as agreed with sponsor.
• To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer.
• Remedial studies and tuition for re-sit for courses lasting upto six months shall attract fees/charges of 50% of the program fees
KMTC Manza Campus bank account and how to pay college fee
All KMTC branches use similar accounts for fee payment. To pay college fee at KMTC Manza Campus, use the account details below;
Bank: National Bank
Account Name: KMTC Central Collection Account
Branch Name: Hospital Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 01003086514000
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Account Name: KMTC Holding Account
Branch Name: Moi Avenue Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 1158030274
KMTC Manza Campus History
The Campus’ history dates back between 1955 and 1956, when the Rural Day Primary School for European children was established. When the number of European children attending the school dropped after independence in 1963, the Israel Government started a Social Workers’ (SW) course at the popularly known Kenya Israel School. The training continued until 1972 when the SW course was transferred to Kenya Institute of Administration (KIA).
In 1976, the Ministry of Education handed over the buildings to the Ministry of Health for use by University of Nairobi medical students who were studying rural medicine. Later, it began to train Registered Medical Assistants (Clinical Medicine Officers). In 1979, the first certificate class of Environmental Health Sciences (EHS) students (Public Health Technicians) was admitted into the Campus. Being spacious, in September 1991, the KMTC Nairobi Campus identified it as an ideal place to train its third-year Clinical Medicine students who were undertaking practicals at the then Machakos General Hospital.
In 1998, the certificate course in Environmental Health Sciences (EHS) was phased out and a diploma course introduced. In 2006, a three-month certificate course in Community Health Development (CHD) was introduced.
The Department of Pharmacy was established in 2009, admitting its first-year class, while Medical Imaging Sciences department admitted its first class in September 2012. Health Records and Information Technology is the newest department having admitted its first certificate intake in March 2016 and in September 2018 admitted its first upgrading certificate to diploma.
Manza KMTC Campus Contacts
Physical Location: Manza
Postal Address: P. O. BOX 837-9100, MACHAKOS
Official Telephone Number: 0798 -931792/0722-216347
- KMTC Mandera Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Makindu Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Makueni Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Machakos Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Mathari Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment