Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Makindu Campus is another great government sponsored medical training colleges for any students who wish to pursue courses in medical and nursing field in Makueni County. The college is located near Makindu Sub County Hospital in Makueni County.
The college was started in September 2015 through the initiative of the Government of Makueni County in partnership with the KMTC Board of Directors.
In this article you will find more information about KMTC Makindu Campus college including how to get to the college, college intake, how to apply, contacts, courses offered at the college as well as the fee charged by the college and how to make fee payment.
Courses Offered At KMTC Makindu Campus
- Certificate in Orthopedic Plaster
- Certificate in Medical Engineering.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
We plan to start an in-service upgrading programme for certificate in Orthopedic Plaster to diploma in Orthopedic Trauma Medicine which is a one- year course.
We are also conducting short courses in: –
- HIV/AIDS Care and Management
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Community Health and Development
- Basic Life Skills and First Aid
- Computer packages
The campus has lecture rooms and a computer room which doubles up as a library with a sitting capacity of 40 students.
Clubs, societies and sports
Students participate in various clubs and societies activities in addition to sports and community service.
KMTC Makindu Campus Fees and Joining Requirements
According to the latest fee structure, regular students at KMTC Makindu Campus pay college fee of between Ksh. 78,000 to Ksh, 80,000 per year and Self Sponsored students pay between Ksh.118,000 to Ksh. 120,700 per year. The course duration will determine the cumulative amount you will pay as fees.
Students seeking to get admission to this KMTC are required to pay additional fees like Ksh.2000 for registration, Ksh 1000 activity fee, Ksh. 5,000 examination fee, Ksh. 2000 Library and ICT services fee among others. Additional fee is also charged for accommodation on boarding students.
How To Apply to Join KMTC Makindu Campus
Each year, Kenya Medical Training College admits students for various Diploma and certificate courses. To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer during the application process.
Note To Applicants and Students:
• Tuition fee cover all training materials. Venue is KMTC campus offering the course.
• Tailor-made in-house courses also provided; logistics arrangements as agreed with sponsor.
• To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer.
• Remedial studies and tuition for re-sit for courses lasting upto six months shall attract fees/charges of 50% of the program fees
KMTC Makindu Campus bank account and how to pay college fee
All KMTC branches use similar accounts for fee payment. To pay college fee at KMTC Makindu Campus, use the account details below;
Bank: National Bank
Account Name: KMTC Central Collection Account
Branch Name: Hospital Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 01003086514000
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Account Name: KMTC Holding Account
Branch Name: Moi Avenue Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 1158030274
KMTC Makindu Campus History
Makindu Campus started in September 2015 through the initiative of the Government of Makueni County in partnership with the KMTC Board of Directors. The first programme to be introduced was Diploma in Clinical Medicine, a three -year program and in March 2016, three and a half year Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing was introduced. In September 2017, a two-year Certificate course in Orthopedic Plaster was also started followed by a certificate course in Medical Engineering in March 2019.
Initially, the Campus was housed at Makindu Sub County Hospital Trauma Centre awaiting construction on a five-acre piece of land allocated by the County Government.
In June 2016, the students relocated to the first two classrooms constructed by the County Government and on 7th December the same year His Excellency the President Uhuru Kenyatta, officially commissioned the Campus.
The pioneer group of 44 clinical medicine students graduated in December 2018.
Makindu KMTC Campus Contacts
Physical Location: Makindu
Postal Address: P. O. BOX 127-90138, MAKINDU
Official Telephone Number: 0722988456/0722156498
- KMTC Makueni Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Machakos Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Mathari Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Mosoriot Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Mbooni Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment