It is easy to search for car registration details online of any car and establish the ownership and details of the cars. National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS) account is the quickest and the most efficient way to do a car search online in Kenya.
You will be charged Ksh550 to perform online registration number search in Kenya.
In this article we look at how to do a car search online to establish ownership and car details. Below is a list of all the car detail you can check online in Kenya.
Vehicle Search Details You Can Check Online In Kenya include;
- Name of the owner
- Make of the vehicle
- Year of manufacture
- Engine Capacity
- Vehicle Body Type
- Color of the vehicle
- Registered Logbook Number
- Registered Engine Number
- Registered Chassis Number
How to Perform Online Car Search In Kenya
- Log in to your eCitizen account. If you do not have an account at eCitizen, click here to create one.
- Alternatively can visit NTSA website and log into TIMS portal to create an account.
- Once your account is created or if you have one, login
- Select National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) and click on “Get Service Now”.
- Select “Make Application”
- Select “Vehicle registration”
- Choose “Search for a motor vehicle (copy of files)”
- Click Apply Now and enter the vehicle registration number without space, for example, Kbx134A.
- Select your payment method eg Mpesa
- Follow the instructions to make payment and click on complete once the payment is done
- A window will now open containing all the registration details of the Car Number Plate you entered.
- Download the requested registration information.
- Once done, Log out
That’s it. By following these instructions, you will be able to access all registration details of any vehicle in Kenya.
You can also access NTSA services by subscribing to their SMS services
How to subscribe to NTSA SMS
You can also access NTSA services by subscribing to their SMS services. To subscribe to NTSA SMS services, Dial *100541#