You can now easily apply for Provisional Driving License In Kenya online by going to the NTSA online portal or through the eCitizen portal. You will be charged Ksh.650 for the service.
To apply for this service you first need to have an active Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS) account. If you do not have one, simply create one here.
How To Apply For Provisional Driving License In Kenya
1.Apply for approved provisional driving licence with validity of three months so as to participate in driving school training and learning, and apply for corresponding type of vehicle.
2.After application is approved, waiting for the notification of physical check organized by testing centre.
3.Those who passed physical check will participate in driving school training and apply for test booking.
4.Attend test followed by booked time and place and staff in test center will give the outcome of test on site.
5.Applicants inquire driving licence information after inputting the test outcome by test center and await printing and issuing.
Here is the first step of applying for Drving Licence, applicants could get provisional driving licence for three months after filling in all the information correctly and electronic payment.
- * The applicant shall enroll in a licenced driving school and apply on-line.
- * The holder of a Provisional Drving Licence shall not be allowed to a drive on a road unless he’s in the company of a qualified driver holding a valid driving licence for the class or classes the applicant has been permitted to drive.
Here is the third step of applying for DL or class endorsement, applicants attend testing based on approved time and place after filling in all the information correctly and electronic payment.
- * Knowledge of the rules of road.
- * Knowledge of recognized road signals and road signs.
- * Knowledge of any authorized road or highway code.
- * Physical fitness to drive a motor vehicle of the class for which the licence is required.