The Teachers Service commission TSC has announced new 12,000, internship vacancies for qualified candidate. Of the 12,000 vacant positions 4,000posts are for primary teachers while 8,000 posts are for teachers in Secondary schools. This is after the government allocated 6.5 billion towards the same.
TSC has stated that the interns recruitment is part of the National Government post Covid-19 Economic Stimulus program announced during the 7th presidential Address on Coronavirus pandemic on 23rd May , 2020. TSC has stated that the internship vacancies are for short term period of 1 year.
However, the internship program is only open for teachers who have not served under the program before. The program targets the unemployed teachers who have never been recruited as well.
Those who will be recruited under the program will be assigned teaching roles to learning institutions where their teaching experience will be enhanced through exposure to direct practical work experience.
Submission for applications should be done online through the TSC official website or the teachers online website.
The deadline for submitting the application is on Monday, 2nd November, 2020.
Those who will be recruited under the internship program will be eligible for a monthly pay of Ksh.15,000 for primary teachers and Ksh. 20,000 for secondary school teachers. The amount is subject to statutory deductions.
The internship program will last for a period of 12 months (1 year) from the time of employment.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Must be registered with TSC
- Be a holder of P1 Certificate for Primary Schools and a minimum of Diploma in Education Certificate for Secondary School.
- Hold original academic and professional certificates
- Should not have been previous employment with the commission, as a teacher on permanent terms
- Must not have served as an intern teacher under the TSC Internship Program
- Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya
- Must have a personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.