Mount Kenya University(MKU) is a fully chartered private institution of higher learning in Kenya. Its main campus is located in Thika along General Kago Road, Thika town about 45 kilometres from Kenya’s capital city, Nairobi, with other campuses in Nairobi, Parklands, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Nkubu, Meru, Kakamega and Kisii. The University has study centres in Malindi, Kisumu, Nyeri and Kericho and marketing offices in Garissa, Isiolo and Kitale
The university offers both undergraduate and post graduate courses to both government and self sponsored students. All the course offered at Egerton University are accredited by the Kenya University and Colleges Central Placement Services, KUCCPS.
In this article we shall review Mount Kenya University Intake, Student Portal, Application Forms, Courses, Admission Requirements, Fees, University Location as well as the contact you can use to reach the University.
Mount Kenya University offers both Certificate, Diploma, Higher Diploma, Degree, Masters and PhD programs in various fields. Most university degree courses take a minimum of 4 years; while, some take even more. However, diploma courses at the university take an average of 3 years. The university has E-learning courses that allows students to learn online. The University currently offers over 215 academic programmes with more than 5000 courses. E-learning programs are also available at the university.
Mount Kenya University Physical Location.
Mount Kenya University ultra-modern main Campus is located in Thika along General Kago Road, Thika town about 45 kilometres from Kenya’s capital city, Nairobi, with other campuses in Nairobi, Parklands, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Nkubu, Meru, Kakamega and Kisii
Mount Kenya University Campuses and their Location
Mount Kenya Thika main Campus
The main Campus is located in Thika along General Kago Road, Thika town about 45 kilometres from Kenya’s capital city, Nairobi
Mount Kenya Nairobi Campus
It is located at the heart of Kenya’s capital, Nairobi, and operates from four locations namely MKU Towers, and MKU Union Towers (all along Moi Avenue).
Mount Kenya Parklands Law Campus
It is located in Parklands, Nairobi
Mount Kenya University Mombasa Campus
The Campus is located in the coastal city of Mombasa along Nkrumah Road
Mount Kenya University Nakuru Campus
Mount Kenya Nakuru Campus is located at Great Rift Plaza (GRP) Campus building, in Nakuru Town
Mount Kenya University Eldoret Campus
It is located at Mount Kenya University Plaza in Eldoret Town along Ronald Ngala Street
Mount Kenya University Meru Campus
Mount Kenya Meru Campus is located in Meru, on Embu Highway
Mount Kenya University Courses
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business and Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine & Community Health
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Economics and Finance
- Bachelor of Economics and Statistics
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
- Bachelor of Arts in Justice and Security Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Security Studies and Criminology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Development
- Bachelor of Arts in Arabic Language
- Bachelor of Business Information Communication and Technology
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Counseling Psychology
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (General)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary Option)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Studies
- Bachelor of Education in Special Needs Education (Primary Option)
- Bachelor of Education in Special Needs Education (Secondary Option)
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Health and Production
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Dental Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Energy and Environmental Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Health Informatics and Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Records and Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science
- Bachelor of Science in Laboratory Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Exploration and Production
- Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor of Science in Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Social Work and Administration
Mount Kenya University Student Portal
The student portal for Mount Kenya University connects students to the administration, through the students portal you will be able to access and perform the below functions;
Course Registration, Fees Payment, Check Result, View Admission List/Status, Acceptance Fees Payment Details, Transcript, View Academic Calendar, Extra Credit Hours, Deferment of Admission and so much more.
Mount Kenya University Intake and Admission Requirements
To undertake any degree course at Mount Kenya University, one is required to have attained a KCSE mean grade of C+ and above with C+ English or Kiswahili. You will also need to have attained at least C+ in subjects related to your field of studies. Certificate and Diploma courses have less qualification requirement by the university.
Admission at Mount Kenya University happens each year. The main intake usually happens in September. The university carries out intakes in the months of January and May as well.
How To apply for Admission at Mount Kenya University
To apply for admission at Mount Kenya University, use the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Services, KUCCPS online students portal. Alternatively, you can visit the University to process your application or download the application forms from the university official website.
Mount Kenya University Fee Structure
The fee charged at Mount Kenya University highly depends on the course you are taking and the course level. You will pay less to study a certificate course and more to pay for a degree course.
Mount Kenya University bank accounts and fee Payment Options
Here are the Bank accounts that you can use to pay your school fees to Mount Kenya University
|Bank Name||Account Number|
|Standard Chartered Bank||0102049817400|
|Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB Bank)||1121032222|
|National Bank of Kenya||01047093018900|
|Guaranty Trust Bank (GT Bank)||2014200002|
|Lipa na Mpesa||Paybill No. 270988|
|International Students Bank account|
|Dollar account (KCB)||1173740309 (swift No. KCBLKENX)|
Mpesa Fee Payment Procedures
You can now deposit your fee to our Mount Kenya University account through Guaranty Trust Bank (GT Bank) using your Mpesa.
There are only two procedures:
1. Go to M-PESA menu on your phone and select Lipa na M-PESA, Pay Bill option.
2. Enter Paybill 270988.
3. Enter the account code (your admission number).
4. Enter the amount to pay, then M-PESA PIN and press Send.
5. You will receive a confirmation SMS with a unique code
1. Visit www.gtbank.co.ke and select LipaNaGTBank or http://studentportal.mku.ac.ke/
2. i. For Existing students, enter your admission number and click validate
ii. For new students, enter your reference number and click Validate
iii. For new applicants, Enter ID NO.or Passport number
3. Enter your unique M-Pesa code.
4. Select reason for payment e.g. Admission, Tuition.
5. Enter phone number and/or email address of student/parent/Guardian to receive payment confirmation.
6. Click submit to automatically update your fees account
7. Confirm your payment by checking your statement through the student portal
Mount Kenya University Contacts
You can contact Mount Kenya University through the following;
Tel:+254 20 2878 000
Cell:+254 709 153 000
WhatsApp: +254 722 999 399
Facebook: Mount Kenya University