President William Ruto announced plans to migrate all government services to the eCitizen online portal. This was a measure to ensure Kenyans can access government services easily by making online applications wherever they are and as well pay for the services online to curb corruption. Currently their are over 28 services on the eCitizen online platform that Kenyans can access.
eCitizen is an online platform that allows citizens of Kenya to access a range of government services, such as applying for a birth certificate or passport, paying taxes, and obtaining business licenses. It is operated by the Government of Kenya and aims to improve access to public services by providing an easy and convenient way for citizens to interact with the government online.
Now you can apply for various government services through this online portal. Below is a list of all government services you can access through the eCitizen platform.
List Of Government Services You can Apply Through eCitizen
Business Name Search
Business Name Registration
- Returns Filing
- KRA Pin Application/Registration
- Pin Checker
- Tax Agent Checker
- Customs Goods Declaration
- Customs Manifest Lodgement
- WHT (Withholding Tax) Checker
- KRA Mobile Payments (mService)
- Notice of Marriage
- Solemnization of marriage
- Issuance of a marriage certificate
- Commissioning of affidavits
- Special licenses for marriage
- Provisional Driving License
- Driving Test Booking
- Interim Driving License
- Driving License Renewal (1 Year)
- Driving Class Endorsement
- Duplicate Driving License
- Driving License Information Corrections
- Official Search (Nairobi Blocks)
- Land Rent Clearance Certificate
- Application for official copy
- Passport application for Adults
- Passport Application for Children
- Application for Kenyan Visa
The government plans to further increase digitization of its services. The list is expected to grow over time as Kenyans continue to seek government services.
To use eCitizen platform and apply for government services, one must create an online account on eCitzien
From here you will be able to access various government services online.