Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Nakuru Campus is the best government sponsored medical training colleges for students who wish to pursue courses in medical and nursing field in Nakuru County. The college is located along Crescent Road, Milimani Estate, about one kilometer north of Nakuru town in Nakuru County. The college sits on a 52.6-acre piece of land which is shared with Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital. Admission to the college is done twice a year, in March and September.
In this article you will find more information about this medical college including how to get to the college, college intake, how to apply, contacts, courses offered at the college as well as the fee charged at KMTC Nakuru Campus and how to make fee payment.
Courses Offered At KMTC Nakuru Campus
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Environmental Health Science
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Higher Diploma in Clinical medicine – Anesthesia
- Higher Diploma in Nephrology Nursing
- Upgrading Diploma Nursing
- Upgrading Diploma Health Records and Information Technology
- Transport systems
The Campus has adequate means of transport for both staff and students: a 51-seater bus, a 29-seater minibus and a double cabin pickup truck.
The Campus has a well-equipped modern library, which can accommodate up to 300 students, with a wide range of textbooks and other learning materials. It is also equipped with computers and internet connection to enable students conduct research and access online reference materials.
- Computer Lab
The Campus has a fully equipped computer lab with strong internet connection for use by students pursuing courses within the campus.
- Classrooms and staff offices
Nakuru Campus has enough classrooms for all departments. In addition, it has two well-furnished lecture theaters. There are other additional classrooms inside the Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital that are used by Physiotherapy and Medical Imaging Sciences departments. There are enough staff offices for lecturers and non-teaching staff.
- Students’ hostel and staff quarters
The Campus has four hostel blocks for male students with a bed capacity of 507 and six female hostel blocks with bed capacity of 484 students. They also have 69 staff houses within the Campus to make sure our students can conveniently access them for academic improvement.
Currently, the Campus has a student population of 1,530 comprising of pre-service, upgrading diploma and post-basic students.
Clinical Experience Sites
Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital is the primary clinical site used by students for their practical skills.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
The Campus has the following clubs:
- Christian Union (CU)
- Young Christian Society (YCS)
- Muslim group
- Youth friendly Centre
- Conscious youth
- Seventh day Adventist
- Environment club
- Music festival and culture club
- HIV/AIDS /Champions group
KMTC Nakuru Campus Fees
According to the latest fee structure, regular students at KMTC Nakuru Campus pay college fee of between Ksh. 78,000 to Ksh, 80,000 per year and Self Sponsored students pay between Ksh.118,000 to Ksh. 120,700 per year. The course duration will determine the cumulative amount you will pay as fees.
Students seeking to get admission to this KMTC are required to pay additional fees like Ksh.2000 for registration, Ksh 1000 activity fee, Ksh. 5,000 examination fee, Ksh. 2000 Library and ICT services fee among others. Additional fee is also charged for accommodation on boarding students.
How To Apply to Join KMTC Nakuru Campus
Each year, Kenya Medical Training College admits students for various Diploma and certificate courses. To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer during the application process.
Note To Applicants and Students:
• Tuition fee cover all training materials. Venue is KMTC campus offering the course.
• Tailor-made in-house courses also provided; logistics arrangements as agreed with sponsor.
• To apply, go to KMTC.ac.ke/portal or visit the KMTC campus nearest to you. Indicate the campus you prefer.
• Remedial studies and tuition for re-sit for courses lasting upto six months shall attract fees/charges of 50% of the program fees
KMTC Nakuru Campus bank account and how to pay college fee
All KMTC branches use similar accounts for fee payment. To pay college fee at KMTC Nakuru Campus, use the account details below;
Bank: National Bank
Account Name: KMTC Central Collection Account
Branch Name: Hospital Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 01003086514000
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Account Name: KMTC Holding Account
Branch Name: Moi Avenue Branch, Nairobi
Account Number: 1158030274
KMTC Nakuru Campus History
KMTC – Nakuru Campus is situated in a serene environment along Crescent Road, Milimani Estate, about one kilometer north of Nakuru town in Nakuru County. KMTC Nakuru is constructed on a 52.6-acre piece of land which is shared with Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital.
Nakuru KMTC Campus Contacts
Physical Location: Nakuru
Postal Address: P. O. BOX 110-20100, NAKURU
Official Telephone Number: 0715905209
- KMTC Nakuru Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Nyahururu Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Nyamache Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Nyamira Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment
- KMTC Nyandarua Campus Physical Location, Intake, Courses, How To Apply, Fees, Contacts and How To make Fee Payment