Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) is a public institution that provides medical training programs in Kenya. Founded in 1927, it is the oldest and largest medical training college in the country, with over 70 campuses spread across all 47 counties in Kenya.
The college offers various medical programs ranging from certificate to diploma, and higher diploma levels. The programs include clinical medicine, nursing, medical imaging sciences, pharmacy, community health, and medical laboratory sciences, among others.
KMTC has a strong reputation for producing highly skilled and competent healthcare professionals who serve in various healthcare facilities in Kenya and beyond. The college is accredited by the relevant regulatory bodies, including the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (KMPDB) and the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK).
Functions Of Kenya Medical Training College
The main functions of Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) include:
- Providing medical education and training: KMTC offers various medical programs that provide students with the knowledge, skills, and practical experience required in the medical profession. The college also conducts research and participates in academic and scientific forums to advance medical education.
- Producing competent healthcare professionals: KMTC trains healthcare professionals who are competent and skilled in their respective fields. The college produces doctors, nurses, pharmacists, medical laboratory technologists, radiographers, and other healthcare professionals who serve in various healthcare facilities in Kenya and beyond.
- Setting standards in medical education: KMTC sets and maintains standards in medical education, training, and practice. The college ensures that its programs meet the requirements of the regulatory bodies and the changing needs of the healthcare industry.
- Collaborating with other institutions: KMTC collaborates with other medical institutions, both locally and internationally, to promote medical education and research. The college also participates in various partnerships and networks that promote the exchange of knowledge and skills among medical professionals.
- Providing consultancy services: KMTC offers consultancy services to government, non-governmental organizations, and other institutions on matters related to medical education, training, and practice.
Kenya Medical Training College Leadership
The leadership structure of Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) consists of several positions, including:
- Board of Directors: The Board of Directors is the highest decision-making body in KMTC. It comprises members appointed by the government and other stakeholders. The board is responsible for providing strategic direction, overseeing the college’s management, and ensuring that the college operates within the law.
- Principal: The Principal is the overall head of the college and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the institution. The principal is responsible for implementing the board’s decisions, overseeing academic and administrative activities, and ensuring that the college meets its objectives.
- Deputy Principal: The Deputy Principal supports the Principal in managing the college’s operations. They may be responsible for specific areas such as academic affairs, finance, or administration.
- Heads of Departments: The Heads of Departments are responsible for managing the academic programs in their respective departments. They oversee the development of curricula, delivery of courses, and assessment of students.
- Deans: The Deans are responsible for ensuring the quality of education and training in their respective faculties. They work with the Heads of Departments to ensure that the curriculum meets the required standards.
- Registrar: The Registrar is responsible for admissions, registration, and certification of students. They ensure that the college’s policies and procedures are followed in these processes.
- Finance Officer: The Finance Officer is responsible for managing the college’s finances. They prepare and manage the college’s budget, manage financial transactions, and ensure compliance with financial regulations.
The KMTC leadership structure is designed to ensure effective management and delivery of quality medical education and training.
Kenya Medical Training College Contacts
For inquiries, more information or to get in touch with Kenya Medical Training College, you can use the following contact details:
Off Ngong Road
P.O. BOX 30195-00100,
Email Us : email@example.com
Admissions Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints & Compliments: email@example.com
You can also visit any of the KMTC campuses across the country to get more information or make inquiries in person. A list of all KMTC campuses and their locations can be found on the college’s website.