A Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management At Dedan Kimathi University Of Technology is a specialized program that focuses on the principles and practices of procurement, sourcing, and supply chain management. It is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively manage the purchasing and supply functions within organizations.
Qualifications to study Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management at Dedan Kimathi University
To study a Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management at Dedan Kimathi University one must be a holder of KCSE aggregate Grade of C (plain) with a C-(minus) in English or Kiswahili and Mathematics
Main Campus & Nairobi Campus
Full Time, Evening & Weekend
Here are some key aspects and subjects typically covered in a Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management program At Dedan Kimathi University Of Technology:
Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management Key Study Areas
1. Procurement and Supply Chain Management: This field explores the end-to-end process of acquiring goods and services, from identifying needs and selecting suppliers to managing contracts and monitoring performance. Students learn about strategic sourcing, negotiation techniques, supplier relationship management, and supply chain optimization.
2. Logistics and Inventory Management: The program covers the management of the flow of goods, services, and information from the point of origin to the point of consumption. Students learn about inventory management, transportation and distribution, warehousing, and the use of technology in logistics operations.
3. Supplier Selection and Evaluation: Students gain knowledge about evaluating and selecting suppliers based on criteria such as quality, cost, and delivery performance. They learn how to assess supplier capabilities, conduct supplier audits, and manage supplier relationships.
4. Contract Management: This subject focuses on the legal and contractual aspects of purchasing and supply management. Students learn about contract negotiation, drafting, and administration. They also study contract law, terms and conditions, and dispute resolution.
5. Inventory Control and Demand Planning: Students learn about inventory control techniques, demand forecasting, order management, and stock replenishment strategies. They gain skills in managing inventory levels to minimize costs while ensuring sufficient availability of goods and materials.
6. Purchasing Ethics and Professionalism: The program emphasizes the importance of ethical conduct and professional standards in the field of purchasing and supply management. Students learn about ethical dilemmas, legal considerations, and professional responsibilities.
7. Supply Chain Analytics: Some programs introduce students to data analysis and the use of technology for supply chain optimization. They learn how to collect and analyze data to identify trends, make informed decisions, and improve supply chain performance.
8. Risk Management: Students gain an understanding of supply chain risks and how to mitigate them. They learn about risk assessment, contingency planning, and strategies for managing supply chain disruptions.
Career opportunities for graduates of a Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management from Dedan Kimathi University Of Technology can be found in various industries and sectors. Graduates may find employment in roles such as purchasing officer, procurement coordinator, supply chain analyst, inventory controller, or logistics coordinator. They may work in manufacturing companies, retail organizations, government agencies, consulting firms, or non-profit organizations.
Dedan Kimathi University Application Process
Application forms can be obtained from Dedan Kimathi University of Technology Main Campus and Nairobi Campus or downloaded from the University website www.dkut.ac.ke. One can submit dully filled application forms or apply online from the university website https://www.dkut.ac.ke/index.php/academics/admission/apply-online, upon payment of a non-refundable application fee of Ksh.3, 000 for PhD, Ksh.1, 500 for Masters,Ksh.1, 000, for Undergraduate Degree, Ksh 500/- for Diploma and Certificate Programmes to any of the bank accounts on the application forms.
Registrar (Academic Affairs)
P.O. Box 657 – 10100 Nyeri
Tel: 061- 2050000
Registrar AA office: 0713 835 965 firstname.lastname@example.org
Nairobi Campus: 0710-127516 email@example.com
Marketing office: 0713-123021 firstname.lastname@example.org