Diploma in Primary and EDCE Education Intake, Qualifications and Applications Process
The Ministry of education through the state department of Early Learning and and Basic Education has advertised for recruitment and intake for Diploma in Primary and Early Childhood Development Teacher Education ECDE.
This is a pre-service teacher training intake for the year 2021 following the phasing out of P1 teacher training course.
All applicants wishing to be considered for admission to Diploma Teacher Training Colleges have been invited to apply. The ministry of education has announced that the application process will require applicants to download application forms from the official Ministry of Education website, www.education.go.ke
Hard copies are also available in the County Directors of Education (CDEs) offices where applicants can pick and make their application. Duly filled registration forms should then be submitted to the County Director of Education offices.
Candidates have been asked to register in only one centre as double registration will lead to automatic disqualification.
Primary Diploma Teacher Training Course minimum Requirements for applicants
In a letter signed by Education Principal Secretary (PS) Dr. Julius Jwan, the following are the minimum recommended admission requirements for the Diploma in Primary Education applicants and Diploma in Early Childhood Development Teacher Education (ECDE) applicants in Kenya.
- A minimum of KCSE mean grade of C plain for Diploma in Primary Education and Diploma in ECDE training with a minimum of C plain in the following cluster subjects;
- English and Kiswahili;
- Humanity (Any);
- Sciences (Any);
- For candidates with disabilities the minimum requirements for the Diploma in Primary Education and Diploma in ECDE the minimum entry grade is C- (Minus) and a C- (Minus) in the cluster of subjects stated above.
- The duration of the course shall be three (3) years in accordance with the approved Curriculum designs.
- The trainees shall be required to cover the recommended hours for coursework, required hours for practicum and pass the assessment as directed by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC).
- The teacher Trainee shall undertake three months micro-teaching course which is a pre-requisite for teaching.
Diploma Teachers Training application deadline
Teachers wishing to apply for admission in colleges for Diploma in Primary Education Course and Diploma in ECDE course should submit their duly filled registration forms to the County Director of Education offices from 23rd February to 7th March by the applicant in person.
Those with special needs are also encouraged to apply. You can log in here to download application forms.
We are here for you
Do you have an interesting story you would wish to be published? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org