Swimming in Mombasa is one of the best ways to spend your time during your vacation. There are numerous options for swimming and snorkeling, including the beaches, reefs and off-shore islands.
Go swimming in Mombasa. There are plenty of beaches to choose from, and they’re all within easy reach by bus or taxi. When you think of Mombasa, you might think of beaches, sun and sand. But did you know that there are many other places to swim in Mombasa? Here is a list of best places to go for swimming in Mombasa.
15 Best Places To Go For Swimming In Mombasa
The best places for swimming in Mombasa include:
1. Nyali Beach: Nyali beach is one of the most popular beaches in Kenya, it is located about 4km south of Likoni ferry terminal. The beach has calm waters and offers great views of the Indian Ocean. You can also enjoy a lazy afternoon on the sun loungers while sipping on your favorite drink or just lazing around with friends. The beach has some restaurants where you can get refreshments while enjoying your time at this beautiful beach.
2. Shela Beach: Shela Beach is located north of Diani Beach and south of Ukunda Beach, this beach has calm waters and offers great views of the Indian Ocean. You can also enjoy a lazy afternoon on the sun loungers while sipping on your favorite drink or just lazing around with friends. The beach has some restaurants where you can get refreshments while enjoying your time at this beautiful beach, it
3. Chale Island: This is a popular destination for snorkeling and diving. The reef is home to a variety of fish species, including Napoleon wrasse and parrotfish. The best time to visit this island is from April to December when the water is warmest.
4. Kisite Mpunguti Marine Park: This protected area covers over 9,000 acres of coral reefs and mangroves, making it an ideal spot for exploring underwater life while swimming in Mombasa.
5. Voyager Beach Resort: Voyager Beach Resort is a lavish 4-star hotel with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean. Located just a few miles outside of Mombasa city centre, this hotel features modern comforts and amenities, lush gardens and the opportunity to enjoy the delights of coastal Kenya.
The maritime location of this resort is carried through the décor. Contemporary amenities designed to make guests feel right at home include quality linens, cable TV and relaxing seating areas. There is a games room and entertainment program for the kids, along with an outdoor pool and bar.
6. The Mombasa Beach Club: The Mombasa Beach Club is one of the best places to go swimming in Mombasa because it’s got a great atmosphere and it’s super affordable. You can get a day pass for only Ksh. 500, if you’re looking for something fun to do after your swim, there’s a volleyball court right next door.
7. Likoni Ferry Landing: Looking for something more secluded? Check out the Likoni Ferry Landing. It’s about 20 kilometers outside of town and perfect for those who want some peace and quiet when they hit the water. The ferry ride itself is also pretty cool if you’ve never seen anything like it before!
8. Velan Hotel, Mombasa: The hotel has a private beach area, which is perfect for swimming and relaxing. There are also several pools available for guests, including a children’s pool. The hotel also offers a full-service spa and salon on site.
9. PrideInn Flamingo Beach Resort: Located along the Mombasa-Malindi highway, 20 Kilometers from Mombasa town and 500 Kilometers from Nairobi. A trip of 6 hours by road, 5 hours by train and 45 minutes by air. This resort has two pools available to guests, as well as a sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi. There is also an adults-only section of the pool that features a waterfall and whirlpools.
10. The Yacht Club of Mombasa: This is an excellent place for swimming because it’s located on the ocean. It even offers boat rentals so you can explore the surrounding waters in your own vessel.
11. Likoni: This beach sits on the Indian Ocean and offers amazing views of the ocean as well as a great place to swim.
12. Diani: This beach is near the city center, so it’s easy to get to, but it still has a great feel to it. It’s also close to other activities like snorkeling or diving if you want something more active.
13. Mtwapa: Located 30 minutes from Mombasa on the coast, Mtwapa has beautiful white sand and clear blue water. This beach is great for sunbathing as well as swimming and it’s also very popular with locals so you’ll often find musicians performing on weekends.
14. Manda Bay: Located north of Diani Beach on the coast, Manda Bay has shallow waters that make it safe for children and families alike. It’s also known for its beautiful sunsets and nightlife. If you’re looking for something a little more lively than other beaches on this list, then Manda Bay won’t disappoint.
15. Kiwayu Safari Village: This resort offers a private beach where guests can swim in the Indian Ocean while enjoying scenic views of the oceanfront villas scattered across the shoreline or relaxing under a palm tree on their private deckchairs near the water’s edge.
Mombasa is the perfect place to go swimming. There are many beautiful beaches in Mombasa, and there’s no better way to spend your time than relaxing on them.
If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, then you should try diving in the Indian Ocean.
There are lots of great places around Mombasa that are perfect for diving. You can choose from hundreds of different dive sites, including some that are only accessible by boat.