This is The Amount You will Be Earning As An Uber Driver In Kenya

Date:

Of the many App hailing taxi service providers operating in Kenya, Uber is known to be the best for taxi drivers with their drivers earning more compared to other taxi hailing app companies.

While the major question is how much salary you will be earning as an Uber driver, Uber states that the money you make with Uber depends on when, where, and how often you drive. this is also similar to other major taxi companies such us Taxify, Bolt and Little cab.

It is worth noting that, the amount earned by Uber drivers is partly shared with Uber company. On average Uber drivers operating in Nairobi and Mombasa ear between Ksh. 2000, to Ksh.3000 per day. On monthly basis Uber drivers make between Ksh.45,000 to Ksh. 80,000 after deductions.

How much money can you make as an Uber driver In Kenya?

Well, it depends. Uber drivers earn up to 75% of the fare. On the other hand Uber takes the 25%. That means that if you earn Ksh300 per trip, then you will remain with 225.

The best times to make more money with Uber

We all want to make more money with Uber. And while you can’t exactly control the number of riders you pick up, you can control when you’re online to accept requests. Here are the best times to make more money with Uber:

1. After midnight

Ridership on Uber tends to be lower after midnight, but it’s also one of the best times for drivers to make more money. Demand for rides is typically high during the early hours of the morning when people get off work, so you’ll probably have a lot of rides available in your area at this time. Plus, many riders are drunk and may not be able to drive themselves home, so they’re looking for an alternative option like Uber.

2. In the afternoon on weekends

A lot of people use Uber during their lunch breaks on weekdays, so if that’s your primary time slot for driving, you might want to consider switching things up a bit by picking up some weekend fares instead. There are fewer cars around during this time period because people aren’t working, so your chances of getting a ride are higher than usual.

Expect to Earn Based on Distance, Time and Demand

As a driver-partner, you can expect to earn based on distance, time and demand.

Your earnings are calculated by multiplying the fare by the distance driven, plus any applicable surcharges. For example, if you drive a customer from point A to point B and the fare is Ksh.200, then you will be paid Ksh.200 per mile for each mile you drive. The distance is calculated using GPS technology in the app. Every ride is different and so is your pay.

How Much Money Can Uber Drivers Make Each Month in Kenya?

Uber is a great way to make some extra cash. But how much money can Uber drivers actually make each month?

The answer depends on a number of factors, but the average Uber driver takes home between between Ksh.45,000 to Ksh. 80,000 per month.

That’s a lot of money. But you have to remember that you’re doing this as part of your own business. So when you take into account things like fuel, insurance and maintenance costs for your car, you may find that it’s not quite enough to live on if you’re planning on supporting yourself with this type of work alone.

Do You Want To Become An Uber Driver? Here’s What You Should Know

-Uber is a popular way for people to make a little money on the side.

-Some Uber drivers are able to make a full-time living with Uber.

-The amount of money you can earn as an Uber driver depends on how much you are willing to drive.

-You can find Uber driving fares in your city by downloading the Uber app.

-If you get into an accident or if something happens during a fare, Uber insurance should cover you.

-There are upfront fees and costs associated with becoming an Uber driver, but they are not insurmountable.

-You’ll need an individual car insurance policy if you want to become an Uber driver.

-You must have the right type of car if you want to become an Uber driver.

Takeaway: Uber driving can be a lucrative job if taken seriously.

Read>>>Uber Expands Operations To Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret and Naivasha

 

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

PS5 Price In Kenya And Where To Buy

PlayStation 5(PS5) is a gaming console developed by Sony...

How a Car Engine Works: Detailed Explanation

If you've ever wondered how a car engine works,...

10 Best Places To Go For Swimming In Kisumu

If you're looking for the best swimming pools in...

12 Best Places To Go For Swimming In Nakuru

Nakuru is a city in Kenya with a large...