The Teachers service commission has announced some 6674 internship vacancies for teachers who wish to be hired on internship program. The latest announcement of the vacancies will see TSC hire some 4,676 teachers in secondary schools and 1,998 teachers in primary schools.
In the announcement TSC stated the hiring is part of the National Government post Covid-19 Economic stimulus programme following the seventh presidential address on the coronavirus pandemic on 23rd May 2020.
The internship duration is set to last for 12 months after which teachers will be awarded a certificate upon successful completion.
How to apply for the TSC internship vacancies
To make your application;
- Visit the official TSC website or the teachers online website
- Log in to the teachers recruitment portal. If you are doing for the first time you will be required to update and verify your information on the portal
- Choose the view option to see the available vacancies before proceeding to making your application.
- Enter your Surname, ID and TSC number to proceed
- Fill in the details that follow, they include basic, professional, and other details to complete the application
Requirements for the internship application
Only qualified candidates have been invited to make the application. Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission
- Be a holder of a P1 Certificate for Primary school teachers and a minimum of a Diploma in Education Certificate for Secondary school teachers.
- Have original academic and professional certificates
- Should not have been in previous employment with the TSC as a teacher on permanent terms.
- Must not have served as a teacher on internship program previously
- Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya.
- Must have personal accident insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
Candidates who will be successful will be required to produce the following documents
- A copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or Passport.
- A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from Teachers Service Commission online portal evidencing registration as a teacher.
- A copy of the National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable).
- A valid certificate of good conduct.
- Two (2) coloured passport size photographs.
- A copy of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card.
- A copy of the Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).
Interested candidates should make their application on or before Monday, 14th December 2020
Manual application will not be accepted
Also Read:TSC to hire more teachers on internship program